Worms are a stress to the growth of dogs by infecting the digestive tract. That is why you will notice them vomit just after eating or show up in feces. Often, they are because of your dog eating anything it gets. Alternatively, you do not consider hygiene of their food, place of play, or even rest. These kinds of parasites come in different types, which all show some nasty symptoms.
Do not panic! Worms are common, and no matter how hard you try, they always find a way to infect your dog pets. So, what should you do when you notice some symptoms, you need to pay a visit with him to the veteran to be sure of what worm type it is. Now, the next hard task is finding the best dewormer, and that is where this article comes in. Here below are ten of the finest dog wormers in the market for your consideration:
Our Top Picks
- Best Dog Worming Tablets: Durvet 12-Pack Triple Wormer Tablets
- Best Large Dogs Wormers: Sentry Worm X Plus 7 Way De-Wormer Large Dogs
- Best Small & Puppies Wormers: D-Worm 2 Count Combo Broad Spectrum Dewormer
Reviews – Best Flea Spray for Cats
10. Durvet 2x Liquid Wormer
If you intend to deworm your puppies and adult dogs, the Durvet 2x Liquid Wormer will be the best choice. Its strength doubles up those stock wormers in the market. Therefore, it effectively helps get rid of big roundworms and hookworms from your adult dogs. On top of that, it works well with lactating dogs and puppies as young as two weeks.
The best part is, Durvet 2x Liquid Wormer can help prevent re-infestation of such annoying worms. Administering it is super easy and friendly to the dog as the liquid has a palatable flavor liked most dogs. What is more, no restriction for use on dogs as it does not require withholding of food before use.
- Double strength for effective removal of roundworms and hookworms
- Features a palatable flavor that makes the dog enjoy it
- Highly versatile as it works well with puppies as young as two weeks, adult, and lactating dogs
- Easy to administer as there are no restrictions for using plus user instructions are available
9. Panavur C (Fenbendazole) Canine Dewormer
With this fantastic dewormer, you can treat and control all the four major intestinal parasites in dogs. This is to say, it eliminates hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whipworms from dogs. Besides that, the administration of the Panavur C depends on the bodyweight of the dog. For instance, a 50mg is ideal for use on a dog with a weight of one kilogram.
Moreover, its administration occurs by mixing the daily dose with a small amount of your dog’s normal food. In addition, medication takes place in three consecutive days for effective deworming. What makes this product truly remarkable is that Panavur C dewormer is safe for all dogs six weeks and older plus pregnant dogs.
- Designed to treat and control hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and whipworms
- Amount used depends on the dog’s weight in a ratio of 22.7 mg/lbs.
- It includes instructions on the medication
- Safe for all dogs six weeks and older as well as pregnant mothers
8. Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs
If the dog has fleas, then it has tapeworm infections. They exhibit different symptoms, and it would be best if a veterinarian examines it to be sure. With the Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer, tapeworms in your dog are safely and effectively eliminated in just a single dose.
Besides that, its medication depends on the dog’s weight. Plus, its packaging comes with all the instructions on usage for proper and easy dosing. Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer is safe for use by four weeks puppies and older dogs. A single pack has five tablets that can be easily crumbled up and mixed with dog’s food for easy dosing.
- Five tablets in a bottle for use depending on the dog’s weight
- Offers an easy and effective way of eliminating common tapeworms from dogs
- Suitable for use on puppies four weeks of age and older dogs
- Requires no prescriptions to giving and it’s easier to dose
7. Bayer Quad Chewable Dewormer
This Bayer Quad Chewable Dewormer typically and safely eliminates common worms in dogs using a single dose. In other words, it perfectly aids in controlling roundworms, whipworms, tapeworms, and hookworms in dogs older than a month. The beef-flavored chewable tablet makes it easier for you to give the dog.
Besides that, you need no prescription of Bayer Quad Chewable Dewormer. Thus, you can give it to your dog once it shows up signs of having worms. The best thing is that it comes with easy-to-read good practice notes to prevent or reduce the risk of reinfection of your dog pet.
- Beef flavored chewable tablet for easy dosing
- Broad-spectrum dewormer hence it gives efficient performance
- It is powerful and removes all common worms using a single tablet
- Ideal for use by dogs as young as four weeks
6. Durvet Triple Medium and Large Dog Wormer
Are you looking for the best dog wormer that offers the best solution for controlling worms? If the answer is yes, give Durvet Triple Wormer Tablets for Medium and Large Dogs with a weight of over 25lbs. It definitely controls and removes the seven strains of tapeworms, roundworms, and hookworms.
Moreover, it is a pack of twelve flavored tablets with appropriate feeding instructions. Besides, the Durvet Triple Wormer tablets are chewable for easy dosing. To add on that, you require no prescription to administer the tablets. Besides, the pack comes with all the instructions you need for proper administration.
- Convenient pack of 12 tablets for ultimate efficiency
- Controls the seven straps of tapeworm, hookworm, roundworm, and others
- Flavored tablets plus simple to read and follow instructions allows for easy dosing
- Best choice for use on medium and large dogs with weights over 25lbs
5. Excel 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine De-wormer for Large Dogs
Get a safe and efficient treatment and control of the four intestinal worms with Excel 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer. It comes as easy to feed granules that you can mix with food and give your dog without a fuss. Even if the puppies are six weeks of age or the dog is pregnant, this dewormer works explicitly and perfectly.
Moreover, the Excel 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer has three 4-gram pouches. In addition, each pouch can treat a 40-lbs dog. For optimal elimination of worms, this dewormer offers a three-day treatment. Impeccably, it features a highly effective formula with fenbendazole. Thus, it comes as the same active ingredient most prescription canine dewormers have.
- Treats and controls tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms with efficiency
- Comes as easy to feed granules that can mix with food during dosing
- Suitable for use on puppies aged over six weeks, pregnant dogs or heartworm infected dogs
- Dosing must occur for three consecutive days, and it has a lifespan of six months
4. Glandex Anal Gland Soft Chew
The Gland Soft Chew gives pet owners the best way to maintain healthy anal glands in dogs. Typically, it works from the inside to eliminate anal glands expressing. In turn, this can further irritate the anal glands. Besides that, the Glandex uses a unique fiber blend to enhance firm and bulky stools. Hence, it allows for easy emptying the anal glands every time the pet defecates.
Other than that, the Glandex Anal Gland Soft Chew features vital ingredients that support healthy anal glands. Even more, it has a great peanut butter tasting formula for easy dosing. The best thing with this formula is, it has the highest quality ingredients. Therefore, you can expect 100% satisfaction in about three to five weeks.
- Scientifically formulated to support healthy anal glands
- The patented formula has all-natural ingredients for excellent functions
- Unique fiber blend includes pumpkin seed and apple pectin for firm stools
- Peanut butter tasting formula allows for easy dosing
3. D-Worm 2 Count Combo Broad Spectrum Dewormer
The D-Worm Combo Broad Spectrum dewormer features active and quality ingredients. As a result, it will treat and control tapeworms, roundworms, and hookworms. It works perfectly with small dogs and puppies with twelve weeks of age or older. Moreover, your pets need to have a weight range of 6 to 25 pounds.
Interestingly, the D-Worm Broad Spectrum combines two chewable flavored dogs Deworm tablets. As a result, giving the dose to your pet will not be a hard task. Above all, other instructions on how to use it come within the pack for further directions. As it is the norm, it is advisable to check with your veterinary before dosing.
- Ideal for treating and controlling tapeworms, roundworms, and hookworms
- Formulated for use in puppies and small dogs older than 12 weeks and weighs between 6 to 25 pounds
- Features two chewable flavored dog tablets make it easy for dosing
2. Sentry Worm X Plus 7 Way De-Wormer Large Dogs
This broad-spectrum dewormer helps to treat and control the seven strains of worms. These worms include two tapeworms, two roundworms, and three hookworms. The best thing is, Sentry Worm X Plus removes all of them with ease and prevents any chances of re-infection.
Originating from the US, you can rest assured of excellent performance. Moreover, the Sentry Worm X Plus dewormer has two deworming ingredients. They include pyrantel parnote and praziquantel. The chewable tablets allow for easy dosing dogs that weigh more than 25lbs.
- Chewable tablets so that you can easily give your dog
- Formulated to treat and control the seven strains of worms
- Two powerful veterinary deworming brands for excellent performance
- Suitable for dosing dogs which weigh over 25 pounds
1. Durvet 12-Pack Triple Wormer Tablets
Are you looking for the best solution for treating and controlling worms in your puppies or small dogs? Well, the Triple Wormer Tablets is here to give you all the convenience and ease you need. In fact, it comes as a broad-spectrum dewormer. Thus, it helps to curb all seven species of worms that bring stress and discomfort to your dog.
Its pack comprises twelve flavored tablets so that you can have an easy time to give your lovely small dog pets. The Triple Wormer Tablets pack comes with easy to read and follow instructions. Above all, the tablets feature top-quality ingredients for perfect results.
- This dewormer comes in a convenient pack of twelve tablets for ultimate efficiency
- Requires no prescription to do the dosing
- This formula treats and controls the seven types of worms in puppies and small dogs
- 12 flavored and chewable tablets for easy administration
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose Best Dog Wormers
Dewormers are a pretty essential form of medication for dogs. Whether puppies or older dogs, you need an appropriate dog wormer. However, it never gets easy to find the right wormer. This especially is due to plenty of different options present in the market. And if you use the wrong dewormer, there is much damage that may happen to your dog. To help you, we have identified crucial things to consider when making selections.
The first thing to do when shopping for a dog dewormer is to pay a veterinarian’s visit with your dog. This will help in diagnosing what exactly the type of worm your dog has. After that, you will be able to know which dewormer is to use. Besides that, the veterinarian can help in giving your further directions on how to do the dosing.
Age and weight
Another thing you must determine is the age and weight of your dog. You might have noticed that the dosage occurs depending on these two factors. In short, some deformers specifically used on puppies while others on mid or large dogs. Other than the age, consider the weight of your dog. It would be best if you find one that suits the age or weight bracket of your dog.
Ease of dosing
Dog wormers are available in different forms. You will find them either in powder, tablets, or formula form. Therefore, their ease of giving them to your dog varies. Mostly, these dewormers can get mixed with dog’s food for easy dosing. In contrast, some have some flavors so the dog can chew them. Thus, you need to choose one that will give you an easy time to use.
These products come to do a particular task. And by this we mean, how efficient the dewormer can treat, remove, or control worms in a dog. Typically, certain ingredients combine to form dewormers with varied strengths and performance. In other words, some of them remove and control a few worms. Others can remove worms effectively and even prevent re-infection. Of course, the latter should be the one to aim for if you want to get ultimate efficiency.
As you take good care of your dog pet, always remember that they are susceptible to worms. The best solution is to use an apt dog wormer as required. Above all, the products in our list of ten best dog wormers boast great quality ingredients. Thus, we guarantee you the best performing dewormer that will treat and control any type of worms.